||Based on the award-winning book by G. Allen Power, M.D., this in-depth 2-day learning experience uses the framework of culture change to create a new approach to caring for people who live with dementia. Learn why the current paradigm for dementia care can never produce satisfactory results and explore the Experiential Model of care that facilitates growth, meaningful engagement, and improved well-being via the application of person-directed practices.
Participants will learn how to:
* Identify the limitations of our current approach to care for those living with dementia;
* Envision an "experiential model" for viewing dementia and recognize the importance of enhancing well-being for all; and
* Apply the model to everyday situations of need by using creative solutions to empower individuals to live full and positive lives.
Who should attend?
Representatives of and individuals who support long-term care communities (nursing homes, assisted living, etc.) who...
* Wish to deepen organizational awareness of and responsiveness to the needs of individuals living with dementia through person-directed practices;
* Specialize in caring for people who live with dementia; and
* Want to implement practice-based solutions that create individualized approaches that improve well-being for people living with dementia and their care partners.
For questions, you can visit the website or call 585-461-3951.