Animal Assisted Therapy in Care Farming
|Description:||Come and join us in this lovely setting and learn about incorporating Animal Assisted Therapy into Care Farming.
Amongst other things, we will cover:
- The benefits of Human Animal Interaction
- Examples and case Studies of AAT in Care
- Selecting animals for specific client groups
- Different ways of working- triangle/diamond
- Health and Safety/Animal Welfare
- Planning AAT sessions that could work for you
and your client base
The course is charged at £31 for eligible participants working in farming, forestry or growing in the West Midlands. If you are not eligible or in the West Midlands then you are still able to attend, although the charge for the day is £50 - due to these courses being partially funded by LANTRA West Midlands.
Event Organizer: Kathryn Kimbley (Counsellor, Director at HumAnima CIC)
Friday 18 May 2012, 09:30 AM - 4:30 PM (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima
|Where:||Hampton Hayes Farm, Worthen, Shrewsbury, SY5 9JP|