Support

Support Options

Report a problem

You are here: Home / Forum / General Discussion / General Discussion / #333 - Student looking for human-animal bond researchers

Forum

Student looking for human-animal bond researchers

1. Jill Marie Robinson

Hi there, I am new around here but am very excited to see such an intriguing group of people! I am currently an undergraduate student of psychology in Canada and will be applying to graduate school in December and January. I struggled to define my exact research interests under the broad category of Clinical psychology but I happened upon a paper written by U of T professor, Margaret Schneider. Her article addressed dogs and their impact on perceptions of psychotherapists. I was surprised to see this research on the human-animal bond and I cannot get the topic out of my mind since! I would love to explore the human-animal bond, particularly between humans and dogs, as a possible dissertation in my graduate studies. However, I am struggling to find researchers who are actively exploring this topic. I am extending my greatest gratitude to anyone who might be able to point me in the direction of any colleagues or fellow researchers that are pursuing this area. Also, because I am a Canadian student, I would be extra grateful to anyone who could point me towards a Canadian researcher, as the cost of being an international student is very high.

Thank you very much,

Jill Robinson :)

2. Alan M. Beck

Welcome to HABRI Central. I will contact you privately with some people active in Canada.

3. Christopher C Charles

There’s also Eileen Bona, who has been known to frequent these boards. In addition to being actively involved in the animal-assisted therapy scene, she also teaches out of Alberta.

Add Post

User photo

You must be logged in to comment.

Please keep comments polite and on topic. Offensive posts may be removed.