Reference code: 2294004 Nestle Purina , St. Joseph, MO, UNITED STATES
This position is responsible for performing the necessary work related to the Pet Behavior and Wellbeing research program under minimal supervision.
• Conduct research aimed at improving our understanding of pet behavior, pet welfare and human-animal interactions.
• Develop and implement testing methodologies to assess pet preference of litter products.
• Develop and implement methods to study pet elimination behaviors.
• Develop and implement innovative testing methodologies for assessing pet emotional wellbeing.
• Investigate, develop and implement tools to collect and analyze pet behavior and physiological data.
• In collaboration with other business departments, develop animal behavior-based products and services.
• Function as a project team leader as assigned. Required activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing project leadership for the projects assigned.
- Adherence to Company policy on protection of patent rights and intellectual property.
- Ensuring all appropriate documents and project records are filed in the Central Project Files whether paper or electronic.
• Prepare written reports/presentations for further review.
• Support internal and external business communications about pet behavior and welfare.
• Collaborate with internal and external groups with aligned research objectives.
• Communicate internally and externally on project development and research findings.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestlé Purina PTC PetCare Manual.
• Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures.
• Travel as necessary.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• PhD degree in the area of Animal Behavior required preferably combined with a Masters or Bachelor in the area of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, Comparative Physiology, Psychology or other related disciplines.
• Demonstrated experience with research techniques, use of statistical analysis, and experimental design.
• Ability to work directly with cats and dogs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal interaction skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills with multiple projects/priorities.
• Good organizational skills.
• Proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Evidence of peer reviewed, published research.
• Experience in measuring emotional states in mammals.
• Knowledge of non-invasive behavioral research techniques.
• Knowledge of other languages besides English.
For more information please contact:
Marcy Wilhelm-South Email: email@example.com