Reference code: 98651165Animal Care Assistant - Charles River, Spencerville, OH, UNITED STATES
Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of animals at the site.
- May observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Clean primary enclosure and enclosure area for animals.
- Sanitize cages, enrichment devices and other related equipment.
- Measure and distribute feed to animals in accordance with established procedures.
- May provide environmental enrichment with guidance.
- Inspect feeding and watering devices for proper function.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- May assist with the movement/transfer of animals.
- May perform cagewash duties as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.