This 2 day workshop is intended for people who are interested in learning more about how animals can help people and what is involved in partnering with animals to do so.
What Does it Involve?
1. Advanced learning is provided prior to attendance at the workshop to become informed of the history of the
relationship between humans and animals and the research to support the value of animals and nature for our well being.
2. An introduction to working with a variety of species in a therapeutic context. Dreamcatcher animals include 8 species.
3. Information and education about animal behavior and communication in the species of your choice.
4. An understanding of what we require in our animals before we partner them with people in need.
5. An overview of the ethics of working with animals in a therapeutic context.
6. Demonstrations in how we work with animals to help a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds.
7. An understanding of how you affect and deal with your personal world.
8. Understanding the value of working with animals and nature for Functional Assessments and much more.
|Translated Title||Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy|
|Department||Two day training|
|Program Name||Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy|