Stand With Me is a 501(c)3 organization which has been created to serve veterens who have a service-related mental health disability.
Stand With Me does a great deal more than just train dogs for disabled veterans.
We provide a year-long training school for veteran/dog teams.
The most important ingredient in effective service dog work is a well-trained human handler.
- Assistance Dog / Service Dog - Team Training
- Serving veterans with a service-related mental health disability.
- Official Service Dog Team Registration documentation and ID provided at completion of program. Recertification testing will be necessary to keep STAND WITH ME registration documents current.
- STAND WITH ME is a program designed for Veterans with a mental health disability who wish to train their own dog to become their Service Dog.
- We also provide assistance in obtaining a canine candidate for the program if you do not already own a dog.
- Application process includes request for scholarship funding.
- A service dog is a member of a team. You will be the leader of that team. STAND WITH ME provides you with the training you will need to become your dog’s leader, trainer, teammate.
- Our owner/trainer program helps to create the necessary bond between human and canine for both to become effective members of a service dog team.
- The process of going through our program will have a profoundly positive impact on quality of life for both you and your dog. Developing a working team relationship with a dog is a therapeutic experience.
- This is a long term commitment. Very likely a minimum of one year of focused work.
- STAND WITH ME will provide skills, teaching and coaching, support and encouragement. Training a dog is a long term project that is not always easy, but is almost always very rewarding and uplifting.