The HABRI Foundation is calling for research proposals to investigate the health outcomes of pet ownership and/or animal-assisted activity or therapy, both for the people and the animals involved. To learn more, visit https://habri.org/grants/funding-opportunities/ close

You are here: Home / Forum / General Discussion / New Initiatives & Projects / #602 - Canine Co-Facilitated Interventions

Forum

Canine Co-Facilitated Interventions

1. Kelsey DiPirro

Hi everyone! My name is Kelsey and I am a social worker in West Michigan who frequently co-facilitates therapy with adults, juveniles, and couples using my nearly 2 year old pit bull Marley. I've been lucky enough to get the opportunity this year to present on Canine Co-facilitated interventions at the NASW Michigan conference later this week. I'm a bit behind, but I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback from all of you about how you use interventions in your own practice. I've got a ton of my own, but I think this is valuable information to have and I'd like to point attendees to HABRI if they're interested and/or practicing and want to build on their community. If you feel comfortable (and if its appropriate) I'd love to get some feedback from you all. Also- if anyone else is attending the conference, I'd love to meet in person! 

Thanks!

2. Kelsey DiPirro

Also- When all of my materials look better than the chicken scratch that they are right now, I will post them for you!

Add Post

User photo

You must be logged in to comment.

Please keep comments polite and on topic. Offensive posts may be removed.