Reference code: 75183894 Richmond SPCA , Richmond, Virginia, UNITED STATES
Part-time position: 24-28 hours per week (both weekend days and Tuesdays are required)
We are seeking an energetic individual with excellent communication skills and a genuine desire to work for the welfare of the animals in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Daytime availability (most shifts are 8am-5pm or 8am-noon)
- Responsibilities include maintaining a clean and pleasant living environment for the dogs and cats in our shelter, monitoring their health and behavior and providing extra love! We are looking for a dependable/punctual, self-motivated person who has daytime availability. Sorry, but we are unable to hire seasonal help.
- Weekend and holiday work is required
- Have reliable transportation (including during inclement weather)
- Must be comfortable handling/learning to handle both dogs and cats - general handling (petting, leash-walking, some lifting and carrying), and restraint (placing animals in cages/carriers)
- Frequent kneeling, stooping, using stairs, reaching, pulling and lifting weights up to approximately 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Dress code prohibits certain body modification and will be discussed further if you are selected for a phone interview
For more information please contact: