Belinda Johnston MA VetMB MRCVS, a vet living in Suffolk, England is interested in all aspects of the human-animal bond and especially bereavement and emotional well-being. Currently developing a community service to support vulnerable human-companion animal relationships and to provide effective emotional and practical support in collaboration with the many health and social care providers and related organisations. With multiagency collaboration, relationships can be maintained, retained, created and nurtured leading to enhanced welfare of the humans and animals involved....a win:win.
Graduated 1985 Clare College, Cambridge University
Counselling Skills: studied at UEA Norwich (Foundation course, Certificate of Person Centred Counselling)
SCAS member ([http://www.scas.org.uk/167/home.html www.scas.org])
* Assistant in South London clinic before being a founder partner at Westside Veterinary Clinic, Battersea
* Cruse (human bereavement) counselling
* At the initial stage of the nationwide Pet Bereavement Befriender Service with SCAS (Society of Companion Animal Studies). Now the Pet Bereavement Support Service (PBSS) run by the Blue Cross.
* PBSS befriender.
* Samaritan volunteer
* RVC guest lecturer (bereavement/euthanasia)
* Lectures and workshops
* Emotional support: telephone, email, face2face, group/one2one
Lives in Suffolk, UK with Mark Johnston ([http://www.vetstream.com www.vetstream.com]) and three daughters and four-legged friends